Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Three Poems On One Topic

1-
I'm lost.
Swallowed up by a haze
That I swallowed down by mistake
And that took me over
Erasing everything in it's path.
I don't know where I've been.
I don't know how I got here.
I don't know how I could let this happen.
I don't know WHAT happened.

2-
I'm scared that I lost more
So much more
Than memories and trust and my sense of safety.
I'm scared that I lost your respect.
Because you used to look at me
And for a second it was almost as if I mattered.
You haven't looked at me since.
But then, we've been apart.
I just want you to look at me again.

3-
I've become a statistic.
Another cautionary tail.
I never thought I'd be the one.
And yet...
"You were lucky""It could have been worse"
"Maybe next time you won't..."
Maybe next time I won't...?
I didn't DO anything.
I'm just going to go over here now
And try to escape the fog
Before it takes me over again
And makes me hurt someone else.

No comments: